Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Foiled.

The past month has been a train wreck. From having to sell my husband's POS car to the state to getting all the little bits and pieces of last minute deployment stuff together...meaning that the plan for me to stay in San Diego while my husband is gone for 7+ months on deployment is foiled.
I am now back in my home town of Colorado Springs with family to help me with the kiddos, which has been lovely since i am in my last stretch of the pregnancy and it is extremely hard to keep up with my 16 month old.
The send off for the CG-53 USS Mobile Bay was on July 27,2010 and i surprised myself...
i literally believed that i would be a basket case the entire day but i managed to keep myself together quite well... thats until i was getting ready for the actual departure, i was in my room and i could hear my husband sobbing as he was in our daughters room just down the hall.
That...broke me.
As much as i wanted to go in there and give them both a huge hug, i couldnt cause then i wouldnt have been able to get myself back together.
The send off is exactly as it seems...sad and long...
it wouldnt be the military if they didnt make you wait forever to find out when they would actually leave right? :]
Left and right i see friends and other families i knew also crying but the worst part of the entire day was hearing the younger children cry out to their daddy...
That...broke me again.
It was the saddest thing i have ever seen.thinking about it now brings tears to my eyes.

This deployment will be long...i've been without him for 6 months because of boot camp and school, but this time...ill have to give birth to our son without him, raise our kids, and still be his backbone and his bestfriend.this is going to be a challenge for the both of us but im excited, scared, and anxious until his arrival next year.
I love you so much spencer :]


Some pictures from the sendoff!!


Spencer and his Mom :]

talking to her daddy (red hat)

Spencer int he red hat manning the rails



Until next time my love :]

No comments:

Post a Comment