Sunday, November 13, 2011

If looks could kill

Something happened to me today that made me really mad.  And if you know me, I dont get mad very often or easily.  I usally keep to my self and mind my own buisness but this REALLY bothered me!!
I was grocery shopping with my in-laws today at King Soopers, cheyenne was in the "car" in front of the shopping cart... You know, the carts that keep the little ones "busy" so you can actually do some shopping lol.
ANYWAY, Carson is in his carseat latched onto the shopping cart.  As we are checking out, this lady next to us glances over with a nasty look on her face and sees cheyenne playing in the car, looks up at carson (same look) and then looks at me YES WITH THE SAME LOOK and then whispers something to the other lady she is with.
This lady has no shame with  her "stank face" either cause she does it about three more times.
Now, I'm not sure why she gave me this awful look or what she was saying to her other lady friend but i'm assuming it has to do with me being a "young" mom and maybe that i let my child play in the car attached to the shopping cart OH YEAH and im assuming that because im young mom, im probably a single young mom. but lets get something straight, yes i am a young mom. and yes i am temporarily playing the role of a single mom because my HUSBAND is fighting for your freedom and democracy!
This is irratating for me because this is not the first time this has happened to me. after my son was born i went to enroll him into DEERS and this girl, also military, comes up and says "youre way too young to be a mom of two"


I have alot of respect for other women who are young and are taking care of their kids alone...since my husband is in the military, i do alot of this alone. i cant imagine having to do this all the time. it is alot of work and it is hard.  I bet they get the same crap and same looks that i got today..but remember THEY DO NOT KNOW YOU OR YOUR SITUATION! 
these people do not know that i'm married, that my husband and i ahve been together for almost 7 years, that we wanted to have children young, that im just about done with school or that he was deployed. So i find it interesting that these people have it so easy to say things like that to me or give me the look of death.


Just had to get that out of my system...the way this lady glared at my kids and me really bothered me today...love to all the mommies out there! whatever your situation may be!

TAKE THAT MEAN LADY AT THE GROCERY STORE :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment